Friday, January 4, 2019

My Thoughts on the New Release + Blaire Wilson

Hi everyone! Katherine here today with another My Thoughts on the New Release plus my thoughts on Blaire Wilson!

Enjoy!
Camp American Girlâ„¢ Hangout
Camp American Girl Hangout

This is a really cool idea! I like the fact that they are going with the camp theme this year. 

Camp American Girlâ„¢ Campfire Set
Camp American Girl Campfire Set

Again, I love the camp theme! This is a cute set, but what's not cute is the price. The total price of this set is $75. If the bench was real wood, which I don't think it is, then maybe. But the set seems very plastic-y plus some people might already have the guitar.
Camp American Girlâ„¢ Outdoor Games
Camp American Girl Outdoor Games 

I love the idea of different games; I think that's really cool! The set has a dart-shooting bow and not an "actual" bow which I'm sad about. It would have been cool to see a compound or a recurve bow, but those would have been harder to make.
S'more Fun Pajamas for 18-inch Dolls
S'more Fun Pajamas

These are cute! The s'more on the shirt is supposed to glow in the dark which I think is cool.

American Girl® Swimming Pool
American Girl Swimming Pool

The pool is so cute! It would be great if the pool would function like a real pool, but that would be hard and AG dolls aren't supposed to be put in water.

Summer Fun Swimsuit Set for 18-inch Dolls
Summer Fun Swimsuit set

This set is nice and matches the color scheme of the pool perfectly.

Poolside Swim Trunks Set for 18-inch Dolls
Poolside Swim Trunks Set

I'm glad they finally included some new boy outfits. This set really looks like a boys swimsuit and I like it.

Western Saddle
Western Saddle.

The saddle is nice, I'm not sure what makes it different from the old one. If you need a saddle they have an option again.
Camp American Girlâ„¢ Essentials
Camp American Girl Essentials 

I LOVE the tie-dye shirt! The friendship bracelets, compass, and flashlight are really cute and it's a perfect little set.

Western Chic Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Western Chic Outfit

Ahh! This outfit is so adorable! It has a ton of mix-n-match potential and I LOVE it! The one thing I'm not sure about is if this outfit is practical for riding horses, but I don't have any experience in that area. 

Simply Spring Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Simply Spring Outfit

This dress is so cute; I love it!

Now, onto Girl of the Year 2019 - Blaire Wilson!

Blaireâ„¢ Doll & Book
Blaire

First of all, I think she's super cute! I love her dress and it's adorable. But, unfortunately, I believe she has the new eyes so it looks like she's always looking down. Also, sometimes it seems that her eyes are wonky.
I'm not sure if I like her story yet because I don't personally think it's believable. She's planning her friends wedding which I think would be almost impossible for a 9/10 year old.

Also, if she's supposed to be a farm girl, I feel like her collection is a bit upscale.When I think of a farm girl, I think more of like cows, pigs, and food crop such as wheat or corn. Her entire collection is cute though. I haven't read her book, but she's supposed to be lactose intolerant and dealing with that which I think is relatable. 
Blaire's Accessories

 Blaire's Accessories 

I love that her accessories include a tablet with a food blog I think that's really cute.

Blaire's Family Farm Restaurant
Blaire's Family Farm Restaurant 

This is Blaire's big ticket item. I like it, but I wouldn't exactly call it a restaurant. It's still super cute though! I could see girls loving to play with this set.

Blaire's Party Décor
Blaire's Party Decor

I adore the arch it's so cute! The color scheme fits with her collection, but the arch doesn't seem like it would go with much else as a set,and girls couldn't really play with it much. It would be a great set, however, for pictures!

Blaire's Bridesmaid Dress for 18-inch Dolls
Blaire's Bridesmaid Dress

This dress is so cute! It's my second favorite outfit of hers (third if you include her meet dress). 

Blaire's Floral Flair Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Blaire's Floral Flair Outfit.

I'm not sure if I like this outfit or not. I like the color scheme but I'm going back and forth on liking it and I think it's because of both the bows and buttons on front.

Blaire's Garden
Blaire's Garden

This is a cute set, I love the chicken, eggs, and plants, but I do not think this set is worth $50. It looks like almost everything is made out of plastic.

Blaire's Garden Accessories for 18-inch Dolls
Blaire's Garden Accessories

I think this is cute. The apron is really reminding me of Felicity's apron/pinafore. My only criticism is who wears this cute apron to get dirty lol.

Blaire's Lamb
Blaire's Lamb

The lamb is cute, it reminds me of Felicity's lamb Posie. 

Blaire's Piglet
Blaire's Piglet

IT'S SO CUTE!

Blaire's In Bloom PJs for 18-inch Dolls
Blaire's In Bloom PJs

These are so cute! I love the plants and the purple.

Blaire's Gardening Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Blaire's Gardening Outfit 

I LOVE this outfit so much!! Definitely going on my wishlist/buying it for sure. It's so cute!!! 

Overall, I say this is a pretty good release.

What do you think? Did you like the release?

Do you agree or disagree with me?

Are you getting Blaire or anything else from the release?

Comment below!















1 comment:

  1. I think Blaire plans the wedding of an older family member in the book, but there are many ways that a 9/10 year old might plan their friends' wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for commenting! It means a lot. Since this is a doll blog I would like for it to be a blog for all ages. When you comment please think of these two things. One, no swearing or bad language. Two, be kind to other people and try not to start an argument. If you have a doll blog feel free to leave a link, and I will check it out! Thanks for taking time to comment!
~Saige~