Friday, January 6, 2017

My Thoughts on the New Release -Truly Me

Hello! Bella here. Today I have my thoughts on the Truly Me release. American Girl retired the old mix-n-match items and released some new ones.

I love this tank top! But what I don't like is the green/yellow overlay thing that comes with it. I really want to buy this shirt, but I don't get what's up with the overlay thing.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.51.45 AM
I'm not too sure about the shorts. I don't see them using in many other mix-n-match things, and they're a little too short.
-Not pictured-
The purse I'm not so sure about. I think I would like it a little bit more if it was shown on the dolls shoulder. No one wants a long handled purse, and to carry it by the hand. If it works as a shoulder bag I might get it.

Wow. I love the blue and gold color, but the bottoms are way too fat and high. Maybe if they were a little bit lower I would buy them.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.51.59 AM
I like this shirt. It's plain, simple, and would go with a lot of things. You could dress it down with some shorts, or dress it up with a cardigan or a white sweater. Lot's of potential in this shirt.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.51.14 AM
What even is this? AG went the tropical route this year and it didn't quite work for them. Maybe a 4 year old would wear this, but not a ten year old. I do not like this one at all.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.52.23 AM
I really like this shirt and I see good mix-n-match potential, but I don't really like the big pom-poms. Maybe if I could find a way to take them off I would love this shirt!
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.51.27 AM
Eh. This shirt I'm not too sure about. Maybe if I saw it in person I would like it better.

I love these shoes! They're so cute and adorable! I really want these shoes!

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.50.49 AM
Again, what is the ugly tropical mess madness? Maybe for a 4 year old, but not for an 8-12 year old, including dolls. Definitely not buying this!
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.52.38 AM
I really like this fringe shawl thing. It's cute. This I want!
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.52.57 AM
I really like these pajamas! The dolls don't have any summer pajamas so these would be practical and I should buy them.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.54.37 AM
This set is adorable! I love the food, mini Uno cards (the dolls would love the Uno cards especially Saige.) and I love the little tray, I see the dolls using that to eat breakfast in bed. I really want this set. ^-^
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.54.19 AM
These sunglasses are so cute! I love them and the dolls would love to wear them.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.53.57 AM
Eh. I don't like the pattern, the zipper, and I would prefer to have it be one piece or to come all the way down so it's almost looks like a one piece. Not really impressed with this outfit.
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.54.09 AM
I really, really like this set! I love the towel, water bottle and little sunscreen. It's so cute!
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 7.53.45 AM
I love this! I really want this shirt! But, why did AG release some more summery things, then a hoodie? I don't understand AG some times.

Want do you think about the release? Do you agree or disagree with me?

Also, keep a look out for the special surprise so follow by email so you won't miss it or miss a post!





1 comment:

  1. The old Truly Me mix-and-match set is retiring? Isn't it still on the American Girl website? Just wondering :) I hope they don't retire it, there were some really good clothing items in there!

    - Dreamy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for commenting! It means a lot. Since this is a doll blog I would like for it to be a blog for all ages. When you comment please think of these two things. One, no swearing or bad language. Two, be kind to other people and try not to start an argument. If you have a doll blog feel free to leave a link, and I will check it out! Thanks for taking time to comment!
~Saige~