Friday, June 22, 2018

My Thoughts on the New Release

Hey everyone! Katherine here today with My Thoughts on the New Release. I won't be able to say my thoughts on every item, but I will try to do the majority of the items. Enjoy!


First, we have the new Truly Me dolls!

Truly Meâ„¢ Doll #78 + Truly Me Accessories
Truly Me Doll #78

I think she's cute, but she's not by favorite TM doll
Truly Meâ„¢ Doll #79 + Truly Me Accessories
Truly Me Doll #79

Ahh she's so cute!! She reminds me a little bit of Kanani, but I think she's still super cute!

Truly Meâ„¢ Doll #80 + Truly Me Accessories
Truly Me Doll #80

She's pretty cute too :) I like how she has a darker skin tone than most dolls.

Bunk Bed & Bedding

Bunk Bed & Bedding

It's a cute bed, but it seems a little expensive for $125

That's How We Roll PJs for 18-inch Dolls
That's How We Roll PJs

These PJs are interesting. I don't quite like the long sleeve shirt with shorts (not practical for summer), but I think the sushi on the shorts and shirt is cute

Building Dreams PJs for 18-inch Dolls
Building Dreams PJs

I like these pajamas. It's different but cool. (And I love baseball shirts)

Xbox® Gaming Set
Xbox Gaming Set

I think this set is so cool! I'm pretty sure it's a popular item, and I can see why because it's so cute and cool!

Game Night Set
Game Night Set

I love this set so much! And you get a good amount of items for the price. ($25) I know the dolls would love this because they used to do family game night :)

3-in-1 Game Night Table
3-in-1 Game Night Table

I also love this so much! I love how it can turn into Foosball, air hockey, and ping pong! It's such an awesome set.

Cool Colors Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Cool Colors Outfit

I like this outfit! It's nice and simple, and it would great for mix-n-match!

American Girl also released a sushi set along with a pizza party set and I like both :)

American Girl RC Sports Car
American Girl RC Sports Car

I love the idea of the car, but 1. Julie already had a car (which they retired) and 2. $215 is a lot (in my opinion) for the car.

Skate Park Set
Skate Park Set

I love this set!! The ramp, skateboard, everything is awesome. (I can see Saige and Kailey wanting this.......)

Good Vibes Skate Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Good Vibes Skate outfit

I LOVE the shirt and the shorts, but I'm not too crazy about the sweater vest with the outfit

They also released some cheer things but it's not anything too different so I'll let you take a look at it :)

Volcano Lab Set
Volcano Lab Set

I really like this set! The dolls can "experiment" with a volcano and I think that's cool :)

 Ready to Learn Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Ready to Learn outfit

I really like skirt, but I don't like the rest of the outfit and all of it together. I think it would be better if there wasn't a number on the shirt underneath the jacket.

Wheaten Terrier Puppy
Wheaten Terrier Puppy

Ahhhh this puppy is so cute!! I love it!! <3

There are some new dog accessories and some doll accessories, but again they aren't really any different so I'll let you look at them yourself :)

Luciana's Starry Night Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Luciana's Starry Night outfit

I don't love or hate this outfit - I'm indecisive about it.

Nanea got a cute dress and a luau set which I think is cool :)

Kit's Gardening Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Kit's Gardening Outfit

I LOVE this outfit so much!! (The dolls have informed me that they want this outfit)

Kit's Garden Stand
Kit's Garden Stand

I like the idea of a garden stand, but the fruits just seem too plastic-y.

Kit's Gardening Accessories
Kit's Gardening Accessories

It's cute, but again, for me, too much plastic.

Rebecca's Movie Premiere Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Rebecca's Movie Premiere outfit

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this. I like the silk pink dress, but I'm not crazy about the darker pink/purple lace overlay. (It may have been the style back then, but I'm not sure)

The WellieWishers got some new things, but I won't be doing my thoughts on them.

Well, that wraps up this post!

What are your thoughts on the new TM dolls?

Do you plan on buying anything from this release? Or have you already?

Comment below!

P.S Please vote on Fabulous? or Fail? and Who Wore it Best?






4 comments:

  1. I have basically the same opinions as you on the new releases! tbh I would want the skirt from the "Ready to Learn" outfit for myself! I'm happy that American Girl is adding more diverse dolls. Everybody in real life looks so different, and I feel like the dolls should represent beauty everywhere instead of like a "cookie-cutter" description of pretty. Lol sorry I went on a bit of a rant, but I'm excited to see the new releases in person!
    ~Reynaxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I do like the skirt from that outfit it is cute! :) Yes, exactly! I loved how you phrased that. Did you get to see the new releases yet?
      <3Katherine

      Delete
  2. There are a few things I really liked in this set of releases and have hem on my wish list. I really wish the car wasn't $215.; I'd love to have it for my crew. It would be great at Coolspring.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. :) I do agree with you on the car; if it wasn't so expensive I would buy it for the dolls :)
      <3Katherine

      Delete

Hi! Thanks so much for commenting! It means a lot. Since this is a doll blog I would like for it to be a blog for all ages. When you comment please think of these two things. One, no swearing or bad language. Two, be kind to other people and try not to start an argument. If you have a doll blog feel free to leave a link, and I will check it out! Thanks for taking time to comment!
~Saige~