Tuesday, October 2, 2018

My Thoughts on the New Release

Hi everyone! Katherine here today with another My Thoughts on the New Release. (I won't being doing my thoughts on the Bitty Baby and the Wellie Wisher items)

(Also yes today is Tuesday. I didn't have a post on Monday like normal, because I wanted to do my thoughts on the new release, and I didn't have time to get the post up in the morning)

Enjoy! 


'Tis the Season Party Dress for 18-inch Dolls

'Tis the Season Party Dress 

I like the bodice of this dress, but personally, for me, I'd like it if the dress was a little more fitted - the doll almost looks fat.


Let It Snow Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Let it Snow Outfit

I really like this outfit! The black and white looks so nice, classy, and simple. However, I don't like the sleeveless if it's supposed to be a winter outfit. Who wears sleeveless in the winter unless you live in a place like Florida?  Other than that, I still like it!

Winter Sparkles Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
Winter Sparkles Outfit 

This outfit is ADORABLE!! I love the light pink, and the coat is so cute!

Holiday Dreams Pajamas for 18-inch Dolls

Holiday Dreams Pajamas

This set is okay. Personally, I'm not a fan of the shirt together for some reason. I think it's because the red shirt is such a different red than the pants or slippers. I've liked the past pajamas 
better.

'Twas the Night Before Set
'Twas the Night Before set

This set is cute! I love the bathrobe, the tiny book and the cookies. 

Now onto the mix-n-match items! 

Personally, I don't like most of the new mix-n-match items but that's just my opinion.


Sequin Collar Sweater for 18-inch Dolls
Sequin Collar Sweater 

I'm not a huge fan of it, it's alright.

Bright Lights Flats for 18-inch Dolls
Bright Lights Flats

These are cute! I  like how they are just plain sparkly silver because they could be used for a lot of mix-n-match. 

City Chic Dress for 18-inch Dolls

City Chic Dress

I LOVE this dress! It is so cute! I love the different splotches of color, and then the color blocks of purple on the sides. I can see the dolls wanting this dress!

City Sights Jacket & Silver Starlight Skirt Outfit for 18-inch Dolls

(I'm doing some of the mix-n-match together)

I LOVE the skirt! That's cute! The jacket is cute. I don't really like the tank though. 

Sequin Collar Sweater & Downtown Skirt Outfit for 18-inch Dolls

I REALLY like the skirt. It's super cute! And the hat is cute it. (It's about the same color as my favorite color)

Follow Your Art Tee & Silver Starlight Skirt Outfit for 18-inch Dolls
I like the shirt. I think it's a nice, casual comfy type shirt. The vest is okay. I thought I'd like it when I saw it on a doll, but I didn't like it with the shirt. The shoes are cute. They would work nicely to mix-n-match.

There were a pair of shorts and leggings and I didn't hate them or love them so I won't be doing my thoughts on it.

Overall, unfortunately, I was kind of disappointed with this release. I did like about half of the new things. At least everything wasn't pink though! I'm glad about that. I did like, however, the city chic dress, the winter sparkle outfit, and the two skirts. 

What do you think? Did you like the release? Or were you disappointed?

Do you agree or disagree with me?

Comment below! 



8 comments:

  1. I pretty much agree with what you think. I don't like the mix and match items very much because honestly, they don't look like they would go together super well. They're so bright! I agree with the sleeveless winter dress. Tights and a scarf don't go with a sleeveless dress lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on most things... Was very disappointed. Especially that only Christmas stuff were released. I thought we were becoming more diverse? And about the dress - what's wrong with the doll looking fat? Fat is great. Fat is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!
      I stand corrected. Yes, fat is beautiful. The reason I don't like the dress though, is that the AG dolls are only one size so compared to the rest of the other dolls I don't like it. Does that make sense?
      <3Katherine

      Delete
  3. It is very interesting. I was happy to see the pajamas are available for everyone.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I was kinda hoping there'd be some more interesting stuff. I agree with you on the let it snow outfit, it's cute but kinda cold for winter. Even though the pj's are kinda plain this year, I think it's cool that they made them for all ages.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for commenting! It means a lot. Since this is a doll blog I would like for it to be a blog for all ages. When you comment please think of these two things. One, no swearing or bad language. Two, be kind to other people and try not to start an argument. If you have a doll blog feel free to leave a link, and I will check it out! Thanks for taking time to comment!
~Saige~